• Greatly increases the strength of your windows to hold the glass together in the event of a breakage or accident
• Available in clear or tinted films for varying solar protection
• The only 4-mil film that passes the 400 footpound impact level of ANSI Z97.1 Standard
• Tinted safety and security films offer reduced glare - great for office buildings
• Can block up to 99% of harmful UV rays which are the largest cause of fading to merchandise, upholstery, carpet, wallpaper, window treatments and wood
• Clear safety and security films designed not to change the appearance of your home or office
• Anti-vandal films to protect glass from graffiti and scratches
3M Safety and Security Window Films also help to deter street crime. Because the window film helps hold the glass in place, criminals don’t have the quick access they need to successfully smash and grab merchandise. Often the protected window slows an intruder down to such a degree that they may choose to move on to an easier target.
The strength of a film isn’t really related to its thickness. By using layer after layer of micro-thin polyester films, our film outperforms all other films of similar thickness. This superior performance is due to the remarkable flexibility of our film. So while other films tear, ours merely stretches—keeping the window in the frame even when the glass breaks. And ours is the only 4-mil film that passes the 400 footpound impact level of ANSI Z97.1 Standard*.
Another advantage of our film is that it is bonded to the glass with advanced 3M adhesives. So when the glass breaks, the shards are held together by the film to reduce the chance of injury. Our UltraFlex Window Film System adds an advanced structural silicone adhesive that aggressively bonds the glass and film to the window frame. Sunscreen has applied these Safety films to upgrade non compliant glass in children buildings and schools to meet current safety standards.
Tinted Safety & Security Films
Over time, the powerful UV rays of the sun can do enormous damage to merchandise, upholstery, carpet, wallpaper, window treatments and wood.
You can always pull the drapes, but what is the use of having windows if you can’t enjoy the view? 3M Window Films are designed to reduce the effects of solar heat and visible light on your furnishings and will block up to 99% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, which is the single largest cause of fading. While no film can stop fading completely, our films dramatically slow the progress of fading.
High Spec Security (Bomb Blasts)
As unpleasant as it might be to consider, the threat of bomb blasts in this world is very real. Like natural disasters, a bomb blast also turns unprotected glass into dangerous flying shards. 3M Safety and Security Window Films have proven in real-world situations to have seriously mitigated the damage from bomb blasts and helped protect lives. And our UltraFlex Window Film System adds an advanced structural silicone adhesive that aggressively bonds the glass and film to the window frame.
Sunscreen has applied these High Spec Security films to the inside of banks, government and commercial buildings at risk of attack.